Gift Varietal goes to the doctors

MrBarkerMrBarker considering lilies of the fieldPosts: 139
I have a 'gift clonal' variety I was given (without a name), and when I share it freely with others, they sometimes imagine it its worthless, being an unnamed mutt/bitch. However, it has been a producer I have monocropped for maybe 10 years, never knowing its name or breeding, or claiming to put one on it (which seems a compulsion for many growers).

Now that a cannabis testing laboratory has opened shop in Alaska, I gave a (private reserve) sample for potency, terpene, and microbial analysis. Being such a fool for science, this plant will be sent to Medicinal Genomics for StrainSEEK analysis also. I am very entertained at the thought of modern science helping me learn so much about something I have used for so long, without much shareable metric data beyond pictures of flowers.
pdf
pdf
cannabistest.pdf
Post edited by MrBarker on

Comments

• MrBarkerMrBarker considering lilies of the field Posts: 139
    Obligatory picture of blooming flowers.

treetwo.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 3M
  • SpringsSprings Fall Posts: 1,194
    Look awesome! Did you give her your own name?! If you leave it up to others they'll call it anything, Northern Cookie Glue Kish Kash Kush, was the latest I heard!

Gotta read up on the StainSEEK, sounds sweet,ty!
    " Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
    edited July 8
    Medicinal Genomics has agreed to allow me to assign a serial number, alpha code, or name - with later revision pending results, knowing this is a real shot in the dark. Someone else may have coded this DNA and I technically will have 'come in 2nd'. However, I have done the potency and terpene tests with Medicinal Genomics - which are used to further qualify their naming nomenclature in Kannapedia. It would be nice to later send samples to Phylos for PhylosGalaxy correlation via Phylos Genotype testing. The trifecta of DNA 2nd opinions might be to finally send a sample to Steep Hill for their "Cannabis Genome Research Program" and see what they also have to say about this plant I like to grow. :)>-

Fingers crossed, I will be first to name and claim this individual plant as I please. However, I must also enjoy the increase of knowledge both personal and socially. Maybe this plant is the first of its kind to enter the information warehouses, and has something unique which is individually great. Though, I expect this clone is like a virus. Just as this plant was given to me as a clone, and I give away clones, there must be prior works whether identical or only supposed through loose and distant genomic relations. Maybe I have possession of a patented variety and don't even know it. :(|)
  • c-rayc-ray germinating Posts: 14,732
    lol.. I wonder how the plant feels about all this extra attention.. probably pretty special
    "One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
    Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
    edited December 2016
    As much as I discount Naming Plants; I also try to avoid anthropomorphisms. However,

I have recently been watching and enjoying the TV series Westworld. Something about the character Maeve Millay is very familiar to my relationship with this plant (if not cannabis in general). She is an old Madame, I have learned to love, use, and gain from - within the artificial confines of the games I play. I may imagine she knows she is living in an unreality, separated from nature (in my case). A puppet for unknown reasons. 'New' days/lives beginning regularly, but it is only a slightly varied repetition of past days/lives.
  • SpringsSprings Fall Posts: 1,194
    Haha, gotta keep a close on her, next thing you know she'll be coming self aware and making escape attempts! Or will that just be you teasing and playing more games with her!!?
    " Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
    edited July 8
    Seems it is a tease to think more will happen, but I am still playing games, and growing the same old trees.

I got my StrainSEEK report, you may all take a peek.
    pdf
    pdf
    strainseekjuneausgift.pdf
    juneauleaf.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 979K
  • spacemanspaceman Civilized worm Posts: 8,537
    so you got a kush type??
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • c-rayc-ray germinating Posts: 14,732
    what did that service cost again?

some interesting reading in here
    http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/product-literature/
    "One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
    Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
    edited July 8
    spaceman said:
    so you got a kush type??
    It seems, I always suspected so through observation.
    c-ray said:
    what did that service cost again?
    ~$500USD.

Phylos sent me a very pretty box for $300 though!
    phy2.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    phy3.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    phy.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    I have held my tongue for over 100 days, not quite sure how to button up this thread after sending more flower samples for potency and terpene testing. A second lab opened (AK Green Labs), and I sent apparently identical buds to each - at the same time, without telling them so. The results have left me shaking my head in disbelief, I now believe labs need proficiency testing before they can be certified to sell analysis results.

I have attached the second round of test results as three pdfs, two are the terpene and potency results from AK Green Labs, the other pdf is a re-test with CannTest. Comparing all my results, CannTest had very nearly identical test result between two different crops... However, AK Green Labs has completely divergent potency and terpene results when put next to the CannTest outputs. With this discovered disenchantment, I now question (m)any published potency results. Thanks for tuning in!
    pdf
    pdf
    GreenLabCannabz.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    GreenLabsTerpz.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    canntest2.pdf