unsure about boost

steed Junior MemberPosts: 26
edited November 2009 in Basics
after reading t apprpriate chapter in the bible about flowering a few times, i am still not 100% clear on wether i should be adding boost along with food or instead of?
I am so sorry to insult such a great site with such a basic question, and would really apprecite any help . . . .stay safe
Post edited by steed on

Comments

• guest Posts: 24,389
    edited September 2009
    Most people here will tell you that you need nothing of the sort to grow cannabis.

However, if you do decide to include some potassium-phosphorus boost during the different stages of flowering, the general rule of thumb is to add a boost with a higher potassium ratio in the first half of the blooming phase to build your flowers and a higher phosphorus ratio for the second half or last few weeks of bloom before your flush to help harden and ripen your flowers.
    Good luck
  • steed Junior Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2009
    The disclosure;89098 said:
    Most people here will tell you that you need nothing of the sort to grow cannabis.

However, if you do decide to include some potassium-phosphorus boost during the different stages of flowering, the general rule of thumb is to add a boost with a higher potassium ratio in the first half of the blooming phase to build your flowers and a higher phosphorus ratio for the second half or last few weeks of bloom before your flush to help harden and ripen your flowers.
    Good luck
    i am at last 4 weeks stage now and please be ptient with me as im still not clear as to add boost along wi nutes or replace with boost only.... i know it will accept it but do i burn or lock out roots if i add both?
  • a_goodman Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2009
    assuming by boost you mean like 0-50-30...
    do you think your plants will have a complete balanced meal if you only feed them 50 parts phosphorous and 30 parts potassium at any stage??

peace
    [CENTER][url=http://www.maximumyield.com/article_sh_db.php?articleID=197&yearVar=2004&issueVar=January/February]!!!Be aware of the three headed monster!!!

General Key to Foliar Symtoms of Mineral Deficiencies in Plants
    also containing Tenative General Key to Foliar Symptoms of Mineral Toxicities in Plants

Dolphins, eskimos, who cares? It's all a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap.
    [/CENTER]
  • guest Posts: 24,389
    edited November 2009