Powdery Mildew Cures

Green SupremeGreen Supreme Plant ManagerHeaven BCPosts: 17,347
edited February 2013 in Plant Clinic
Thought this would be an appropriate thread as many seem to suffer from its affects. I have used a product from BASF with some success called Meltatox. Was also given the link below to another very good product. Peace GS

http://www.agproducts.basf.com/products/Sovran-Fungicide/Sovran-Fungicide.asp
Post edited by Green Supreme on
Nobody wants to plant the corn,everybody wants to raid the barn.
Tagged:

Comments

• spacemanspaceman Civilized worm Posts: 8,537
    edited October 2008
    what a little bitch that powdery is.,., much thanks!
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • The CannarchistThe Cannarchist Super Moderator Posts: 3,357
    edited October 2008
    10% seawater
    Trailer trash hippie redreck
  • guest Posts: 24,389
    edited October 2008
    Powerful Dehumidifier, intake filtration, adequate ventilation, preventive sprays and a prayer.
    cheers

When i used to grow in Montreal, there where a lot of Back Alleys with small gardens all along that can be a mile long and everyone plants their Vines along the fences of the alleys....
    Major severe source of powdery mildew for city growers...
    edited October 2008
    Hi Canny.

Does sea salt in water have the same effect?
  • c-rayc-ray germinating Posts: 14,577
    edited October 2008
    10% seawater = 3600ppm
    "One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
    Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
    edited October 2008
    holy shit!
    Thanks c-ray
    edited October 2008
    Strange as it sounds my plants never bat an eye with 10% seawater solution.
    I let them dry for an hour or so ,then spray with plain water to wash off any salt residue.
    I do this once a week and the plants are fine and seem to pick up a greater immunity to disease and pests.

I once used 50% solution and it did fry the leaf margins but the plant survived it.
    edited October 2008
    The washing off spray you perform is probably vital to the process...
    edited October 2008
    sea water on the pacific coast and the atlantic coast differ in salt concentrations quite abit take this into account.,.,
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • LokiLoki Banned Posts: 188
    edited October 2008
    I've had 100% success against powdery mildew with garden sulfur WP. A few years back I had a serious fight with PM. I started spraying sulfur as a prophylaxis one week into the 12/12 cycle. It prevented a major infection long enough to reach harvest every time. If spraying becomes necessary later in the cycle, I've found sulfur to be safe up to four weeks from harvest with plenty of rinsing. Beyond that, you risk ruining your crop by making it taste like rotten eggs. A mild solution of baking soda will slow powdery mildew down a lot, if control is needed in late flowering.
  • JanoshJanosh wierdoatlarge Posts: 268
    edited October 2008
    Sea water difference.
    Ok, will you elaborate more on the seawater. which has more salts Pacific or Atlantic?
    I really appreciate this info. I'm on Lower Cook inlet just above the Gulf of Alaska.
    edited October 2008
    Just give the 10% a test on some fan leaves with PM Janosh.

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
    edited October 2008
    i think the range of the pacific is around 1500 ppm
    and the atlantic around 3600 ppm this is from memory .,.,,.
    edited August 2009
    vapor;78907 said:
    i think the range of the pacific is around 1500 ppm
    and the atlantic around 3600 ppm this is from memory .,.,,.
    Average seawater salinity worldwide varies from 3.2% to 3.8% (according to my friend's fish)
    edited August 2009
    Salinity and temperature
  • Jedi Hippie Junior Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2009
    Depending on the stage your plant is in you can use some fairly safe home remedies on the grey ghost.If still in veg a high PH (8.4)water spray may help as the mildew prefers a lower PH.You can also use the garden sulphur approx 1 tsp mixed into a litre of water and shaken up,then spray on leaves.Later rinse the leaves off well.I`ve found this works very well,you just can`t use it after flowering starts as you don`t want to smoke sulphur.Cinnamon is a natural fungicide and can be sprinkled directly on the mildew,or in water and sprayed on the leaves.
    If budding has started a 4-5% bleach water solution can be sprayed on the plant without leaving any residual taste.
    Then of course there are many fungicides that can be purchased at any garden center.I prefer not to spray chemicals on my plants,but that`s a personal choice.All I know is mildew can make your fuckin` life miserable.I don`t fight it anymore,just finish out the crop and do a thorough cleanup,then start fresh with seed or clones from another grow.

Peace
    Philanthropist & Hero To The Oppressed
    Green Beret
    Mercenary
    Governments Overthrown
    Have Weed Will Travel
    edited September 2009
    [QUOTE=vapor;88625]Salinity and temperature
    edited September 2009
    so if PM is in the planties on a cellular level do things like peroxide, lemon juice etc,really kill pm or just beat it back.,.,if so how does this effect the mechanism in action?..,npk etc,
    I am thinking fungicides used correctly.,.,,I know spraying every 3 days is shit especially later in flower .,.,.
    edited September 2009
    The Cannarchist;78734 said:
    Strange as it sounds my plants never bat an eye with 10% seawater solution.
    I let them dry for an hour or so ,then spray with plain water to wash off any salt residue.
    I do this once a week and the plants are fine and seem to pick up a greater immunity to disease and pests.

I once used 50% solution and it did fry the leaf margins but the plant survived it.
    you can hardly smoke that stuff.,.,.,.,
    edited January 2010
    Green Supreme;78704 said:
    Thought this would be an appropriate thread as many seem to suffer from its affects. I have used a product from BASF with some success called Meltatox. Was also given the link below to another very good product. Peace GS

http://www.agproducts.basf.com/products/Sovran-Fungicide/Sovran-Fungicide.asp
    I'm in the midst of one of the worst infestations of PM I've ever had to deal with. Nothing is even slowing the shit down. A friend of mine gave me some of this stuff (Meltatox). How toxic is it? Any idea? I'm about three weeks into bud, and It's looking like I may lose the whole crop. I don't want to poison anybody, though. Will it break down in the five or six weeks left in my cycle?
  • Green SupremeGreen Supreme Plant Manager Heaven BCPosts: 17,347
    edited January 2010
    I think it has a 3 week residue. Peace GS
    edited January 2010
    Systemic fungicides will save your crop. However, i am not sure about the systemic half life...

I have used NOVA in the past on clones with great success o an extremely susceptible strain.

GS have you ever heard of it? Do you know approximately how long Nova would remian in the tissues? It works wonders.
    peace
  • Green SupremeGreen Supreme Plant Manager Heaven BCPosts: 17,347
    edited January 2010
    No sir I have yet to encounter that one, but have found that Purple Kush plants sprayed at 4 weeks will start to show signs of pm again before they reached 8 weeks with meltatox. Peace GS
    edited January 2010
    Cool, thanks for the feedback my man. I will do a little research and try to compare the two.
    Peace.
    edited January 2010
    Thanks GS. I'll give it a go.
  • caddiscaddis fish food Posts: 974
    edited March 2010
    No sir I have yet to encounter that one, but have found that Purple Kush plants sprayed at 4 weeks will start to show signs of pm again before they reached 8 weeks with meltatox. Peace GS
    So within a month it came back? Is that with only one treatment? Here I thought that stuff was the bees knees....
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” JFK
    edited March 2010
    much better having a monthly treatment then having to spray your whole room every 3 or 4 days like most remedies,and some planties last longer some are touchy to the pm thats for sure.,.,
  • thaistik Junior Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I make a mixture of 1/3 tsp each of clove, sesame, and cinnamon oils; 1 tbs of potassium bicarbonate; 6 tbs of vegetable glycerin (for a humectant); enough dish soap to take the oil film off the surface (for surfactant). Each of the oils and the K bicarb are effective in treating PM organically. This is very similar to Ed Rosenthal's Zero Tolerance fungicide. I've used it up to a week before harvest without any residual effects. Here's a good fact sheet about PM from Cornell U http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactSheets/powdery/powdery.htm
  • caddiscaddis fish food Posts: 974
    edited March 2010
    [QUOTE][0086]Disease severity was assessed on days 4, 7, 11, 19, and 26 on the first four leaves from the top of 20 plants per treatment (FIG. 4). On days 4, 11 and 19, disease severity was monitored just before the treatments. Results from this large-scale experiment provided additional evidence that the garlic-chitosan composition controlled efficiently rose powdery mildew even at a severe stage of the disease. Interestingly, the composition appeared more efficient than the fungicide MELTATOX
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” JFK
  • Monseigneur StroganoffMonseigneur Stroganoff Posts: 4,340
    edited March 2010
    chitosan eh?:high: