The Ghetto Club

c-rayc-ray germinatingPosts: 14,577
edited December 2012 in Basics
have any tips for ways to save money around the garden?

here's a cloning dome I use made from a 2 litre plastic pop bottle, can hold 7 or 5 clones, comes with a convenient air valve (lid), helps me keep different varieties separate, smaller pop bottles work well too
pop-bottle-cloning-dome.jpg
1 x 1 - 0B
Post edited by c-ray on
"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Tagged:

Comments

• The CannarchistThe Cannarchist Super Moderator Posts: 3,357
    edited May 2007
    Reducers for venting systems.....Ie: 8" to 6" Usually 5-6 bux.

Just get a three gallon pot.....8" at the top, 6" at the bottom.

5 Gals do 12" - 8" or 12" -10"

Just cut to size.
    Trailer trash hippie redreck
  • a_goodman Posts: 1,313
    edited May 2007
    Bumpity Bump..
    i likey this thread already:)
    I use and resuse beercups for preflowerpots till they die. Cut up poly window screens for drainscreens, and throw my used nutes on the lawn and garden. A composter automatically gives membership to the ghetto club and old hemp stalks make great plants stakes for clones and weaklings. I can't believe the flowerpots ive retireved from the dump over the years, if you don't mind the drive to take out the trash and get some free fire wood from the woodpile;)
    :old: : ones mans trash is another man's treasure..lol, hope this thread builds:)

peace:peace:
    [CENTER][url=http://www.maximumyield.com/article_sh_db.php?articleID=197&yearVar=2004&issueVar=January/February]!!!Be aware of the three headed monster!!!

General Key to Foliar Symtoms of Mineral Deficiencies in Plants
    also containing Tenative General Key to Foliar Symptoms of Mineral Toxicities in Plants

Dolphins, eskimos, who cares? It's all a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap.
    [/CENTER]
  • spacemanspaceman Civilized worm Posts: 8,537
    edited June 2007
    ..,. bling bling
    aaagheto.jpg
    1 x 1 - 0B
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • Green SupremeGreen Supreme Plant Manager Heaven BCPosts: 17,347
    edited June 2007
    Hey its one of those computer gardens. Is that a dome I see? LOL.Peace GS
    Nobody wants to plant the corn,everybody wants to raid the barn.
  • spacemanspaceman Civilized worm Posts: 8,537
    edited June 2007
    yea i pulled one out for old times sake hahaha i got this c99 male that is so flimsy.,.,.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • c-rayc-ray germinating Posts: 14,577
    edited June 2007
    ghetto tek air conditioning for small spaces (found this link over at breedbay)
    http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~gmilburn/ac/geoff_ac.html
    "One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
    edited June 2007
    http://atrampintheorganicgarden.blogspot.com/2006/10/ghetto-gardening-tips.html

... a few simple ghetto garden tips..not sure i want to be their neighbors..lol
    bugs over the fence?..clothes on the line till resoiled avec' birdpoop?,..and the Ghetto Garden Santa?:laugh:

peace:laugh2:
    [CENTER][url=http://www.maximumyield.com/article_sh_db.php?articleID=197&yearVar=2004&issueVar=January/February]!!!Be aware of the three headed monster!!!

also containing Tenative General Key to Foliar Symptoms of Mineral Toxicities in Plants

[/CENTER]
    edited June 2007
    I had a buddy who used the hot plate on a coffee maker as a sulfur burner (evaporator), worked pretty well actually

another buddy likes to take rockwool slabs and cut them into a lot of cubes for cloning, instead of buying the precut rockwool cubes
    edited July 2007
    The Cannarchist;56715 said:
    Reducers for venting systems.....Ie: 8" to 6" Usually 5-6 bux.

Just get a three gallon pot.....8" at the top, 6" at the bottom.

5 Gals do 12" - 8" or 12" -10"

Just cut to size.
    Well since its hot enough to shut the furnace off for the year, its also time to vent the garden heat outside. Thanx Cannarchist for the post:pimp:

So far im not scrubbing the air, its going out the chimney. Then what happens to it?? does it always go up? Do I still need to run the carbon scrubber?? thanx

peace :pipe:
    Image0001.jpg
    1 x 1 - 0B
    Image0002.jpg
    1 x 1 - 0B
    Image0004.jpg
    1 x 1 - 0B

[/CENTER]
    edited July 2007
    In the ghetto, its a cold and grey Chicago morn and another cannabis DIY is born in the ghetto. In the ghetto. And his momma cries...I think its an Elvis tune. Peace GS
    edited July 2007
    edited July 2007
    Youtube boy, you rock. LOL. Peace GS
  • DOZEEDOZEE Herb-Smith Posts: 1,607
    edited July 2007
    lol in the getto..
    **DISCLAIMER: I am not currently, nor have I ever grown, smoked, or even seen real marijuana. All of the pictures posted here by me are not my own and I would never think of breaking any law of the United States, no matter how antiquated or stupid.**
  • jamaicamonjamaicamon ph balanced Posts: 36
    edited July 2007
    hehehe

great thread. Just don't rely on the ghetto for lights, electrical components, seeds, or fire extinguishers! :pimp:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hazedaze Senior Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2007
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Corning-Pyrex-Bake-a-Round-glass-baking-tube-with-rack_W0QQitemZ130132380110QQihZ003QQcategoryZ46271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
    ^^cheep do it your self air cooled lights 10 bucks

C-ray thanks for that ac tip...gonna try a closed system with a 5 gallon bucket and a watter fountian pump...I like how it uses little hydro

DamI'm makin one for the Shop too
    edited July 2007
    just think this belongs here as well:D
    The Cannarchist;60094 said:
    4ltr plastic milk jugs filled 3/4 full of water and frozen.Just drop one iin each rez each day,you will need 4 so you just swop each day.

[/CENTER]
    edited February 2008
  • KaliKali Stoned Free Posts: 369
    edited February 2008
    I use a measuring syringe to measure out nutes/additives. Usually filling 2 ltr bottles for seedlings/clones.

Measuring out precise amounts of nutes saves money on nutes and saves water as you almost always are making fresh mixes every 3-4 days.

Not really ghetto, but it saves money. and water.
    edited February 2008
    Cool. Peace GS
  • Monseigneur StroganoffMonseigneur Stroganoff Posts: 4,340
    edited March 2008
    ghetto?

ehh, a friend of mine who was homeless some years back put togeter a grow by collecting flower pots outside flowershops/7-11's, lamps and ballasts he screw down from goverment installation, fan and carbon filter he found on a construction area, soil and nutes at the cemetary.... He had found a abandoned barrack that he managed to get electricity into(by stealing) and filled the thing... Funny is he slept in the park never complaining about a thing. Now he is not homeless any more, and he is a good example of how you can do it without being dependant on money or grow shops. I respect him very much for that
  • dpndpn Senior Member Posts: 723
    edited March 2008
    soil and nutes from the cemetary :dig: lol
    I do not particularly like the word "work." Human beings are the
    only animals who have to work, and I think this is the most ridiculous
    thing in the world. Other animals make their livings by living, but people
    work like crazy, thinking that they have to in order to stay alive. The
    bigger the job, the greater the challenge, the more wonderful they think it
    is. It would be good to give up that way of thinking and live an easy,
    comfortable life with plenty of free time.
    Masanobu fukuoka
  • Monseigneur StroganoffMonseigneur Stroganoff Posts: 4,340
    edited March 2008
    hehe yes only if you are ghetto enough

I have seen it myself at funeral, stacks of high quality soil and nutes to be used for the flower in the beds.

I wouldnt recomend stealing from the dead, I guess if you are ghetto enough you do what you got to do.
  • dpndpn Senior Member Posts: 723
    edited March 2008
    free blood and bone meal if your super ghetto :tape:
    I do not particularly like the word "work." Human beings are the
    only animals who have to work, and I think this is the most ridiculous
    thing in the world. Other animals make their livings by living, but people
    work like crazy, thinking that they have to in order to stay alive. The
    bigger the job, the greater the challenge, the more wonderful they think it
    is. It would be good to give up that way of thinking and live an easy,
    comfortable life with plenty of free time.
    Masanobu fukuoka
    edited March 2008
  • amalka Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2008
    real ghettotech champion
    1076_schuh.jpg
    1 x 1 - 0B
  • DOZEEDOZEE Herb-Smith Posts: 1,607
    edited May 2008
    you can use a drip lin instead of ebb n flow to conserve nutes and water.

verry funny pic lol..
    **DISCLAIMER: I am not currently, nor have I ever grown, smoked, or even seen real marijuana. All of the pictures posted here by me are not my own and I would never think of breaking any law of the United States, no matter how antiquated or stupid.**
  • purplehaze2 Senior Member Posts: 839
    edited May 2008
    I use my fridge to get water.I never have to pay or buy water.I take a 1/2 inch hose and stink it on the water spout and jam a spoon on the lever to hold the lever down.I put a 5 gallon bucket at the other end of the hose. it takes 10 minutes to fill up a 5 gallon bucket, And the hepa filters are the best and the water is really cold. I time it on the microwave and go take a puff.
    edited May 2008
    Nice link Albi. Thanks for sharing Bro. Peace GS