EM (Effective Microorganisms) and Bokashi

12346»

Comments

• spacemanspaceman Civilized worm Posts: 8,537
    edited February 2011
    ok so i got me a gallon of EM mother culture and have activated abit of it to add to my organic grow, very interested in these microbes.
    want to see if they help with the pm as well as diversify microbe population in my organic state seem will only be beneficial here we go.,.,.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • GoKart MotzartGoKart Motzart checking out the weather Posts: 961
    edited February 2011
    sounds good!
  • c-rayc-ray germinating Posts: 15,078
    edited November 2011
    I did some tests a while back and figured out adding 1 tsp of red-star vegetarian support yeast (http://lesaffre-yeast.com/red-star/vegetarian-support-formula.html) per litre of water in an EM brew makes the process go significantly faster, reaching 3.5 pH a day faster than without.. it's pretty high in various B vitamins.. I can find it in most health food stores around these parts

1 tsp of sea-crop per litre also makes the process go faster
    "One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
    Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
    edited November 2011
    here's some jars of em brewing in an oven with the light on 24/7, I use 2 layers of glad cling wrap and seal it with a mason jar ring.. the glad cling wrap has microscopic pores that allows co2 to escape.. when it starts bubbling the cling wrap will make a dome
    em-jars.jpg
    1 x 1 - 0B
    "One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best."
  • SpringsSprings Fall Posts: 1,218
    edited November 2011
    Came upon's this one the other day... for the non diy'ers[URL="http://www.ehydroponics.com/?action=product_list&cid=350&aid=154"]Bokashi - Tamashi Organics
    " Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
    edited November 2011
    tryed to order says not available////
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • SpringsSprings Fall Posts: 1,218
    edited November 2011
    " Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
    edited November 2011
    great just placed an order have been wanting to try this, i love the EM///
    edited November 2011
    just to let you guys know they are holding my bokashi at the boarder// lol
    edited November 2011
    well it's from Maui so...
    edited November 2011
    wowie
  • caddiscaddis fish food Posts: 974
    edited May 2012
    EM question, somewhere I recall reading that if you are in the process of making a brew and there is an atomic bomb lit off anywhere in the world it will cause your batch to go bad. Anyone else read this?
    I guess the bottom line is what causes the batch to go bad? Radiation being thrown from the blast, or is it the emp that comes with an atomic blast?
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” JFK
    edited May 2012
    I dunno but I do know fungi eats radioactive fallout and it's not a good idea to eat mushrooms following a nuclear 'event'
    edited May 2012
    stoner moment.....
    Making JADAM Wetting Agent (JWA)

edited May 2016
    JMS recipe for 4 gallons water:

leaf mold: 15g
    boiled potatoes: 30g
    sea salt: 15g or 2 litres seawater

Post edited by c-ray on
  • plantbuilderplantbuilder divide et impera Posts: 3,028

'either they kill me or you do' https://www.youtube.com/user/plantbuilder
  • DOZEEDOZEE Herb-Smith Posts: 1,610
    edited September 2017
    Insane that you guys are 11 years ahead of Colorado Growing . The whole state is bag or bottle fed canna. Crazy how after 20+ years of hydro I am switching to compost and organics . "knf, jadam ,hi brix fusion ish gardening." Convinced a guy who owns a farm that I could cut cost by switching to knf compost , duel arc bulbs and teas. Kinda easy because he ran coil lights and canna coir & canna nutes. Gave him a lil broken down bone meal and bacteria his product has been best ever. I compost his coir and reuse it ;instantly saved him a few thousand . Organic can match hydro in yield and beat production cost . Also terps are so much better. You guys rock so hard and years before I even could catch up. So humbled. Made my first labs and re producing em1 , So much catching up to do.

Post edited by DOZEE on
    **DISCLAIMER: I am not currently, nor have I ever grown, smoked, or even seen real marijuana. All of the pictures posted here by me are not my own and I would never think of breaking any law of the United States, no matter how antiquated or stupid.**
    good on you. knf seems to blowing up like rosin did last yr..
  • plantbuilderplantbuilder divide et impera Posts: 3,028
    'either they kill me or you do' https://www.youtube.com/user/plantbuilder