Cheap odor control

guest Posts: 24,389
edited January 2007 in Equipment
I've read elsewhere about using pine-sol and water in a bucket with an airstone as odor control. In the thread a bunch of people posted that it indeed works and WELL!! One guy used a desktop waterfall filled with water and pinesol.

Has anyone here tried this? It sounds way to good to be true.

Estuey
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

Comments

• guest Posts: 24,389
    edited September 2006
    I've never used the bubbler, but I've put a bowlfull in front of a fan, it works well. Odor control products from Nilodor work very well too, not just the tap-a-drop but the bottles of pet deodorizer.
  • OldSogOldSog Deadministrator Posts: 396
    edited September 2006
    in my opinion odor control is the last thing you want to be cheap on. i think that would make an excellent addition to a carbon filter.

that is kind of like my wifes "aroma therapy" crap she has stinkin up the place.

peace,
    I lost my boots in transit babe, A pile of smoking leather.
    Nailed a retread to my feet, and prayed for better weather.
    edited September 2006
    When the smell gets strong (flowering) the AC (activated charcoal) filter in the cabinet gets turned on and the Ozone generator in the adjoining also gets turned on low and only raised enough until oder is eliminated. You can also not change your cats litterbox if your not married! ;)
    edited September 2006
    I use carbon filters but come trim time my house reeks! Last time you could smell it on the porch.

Yes the bubbeling Lysol works very well. I put a small pan in the living room and within mintues it over powered the smell in there. It didn't take long to fix the whole house...it smells like you've been cleaning your ass off.
  • KrinkKrink coco puffer Posts: 29
    edited October 2006
    word to the wise...don't use an air stone in the pinesol. The pinesol just desinigrated 1 small air stone and an air stone bar in a couple of days. I din't know that would happen.

Now I just have the air hose stuck in the bottom of the pinesol...tand that seems to work pretty good.

Cheers,
    K
    Canna Seed Collective - Caring & Sharing
  • DOZEEDOZEE Herb-Smith Posts: 1,610
    edited October 2006
    for 50 dollers raidio shack has special on ionizerss.. mine does the trick..
    **DISCLAIMER: I am not currently, nor have I ever grown, smoked, or even seen real marijuana. All of the pictures posted here by me are not my own and I would never think of breaking any law of the United States, no matter how antiquated or stupid.**
  • KrinkKrink coco puffer Posts: 29
    edited October 2006
    Is it true that some of the bigger ionizers are releasing ozone? I read that somewhere recently.

Cheers,
    Krink
    Canna Seed Collective - Caring & Sharing
  • Hang10 Junior Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2006
    Buckwheat;41430 said:
    ...it smells like you've been cleaning your ass off.
    It smells like a fresh Irish Spring shower when I clean my ass...not Pine Sol.

hahaha... ;)
  • Bree Junior Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2007
    Damn things will stop any smell. Just vent into a room that is not used much and place the homade ozone generator in there. No smell will leave the room. You can buy a neon light transformer on ebay for next to nothing if you catch it right. I mounted mine on a piece of tile and built a tile box around it. No fire hazard at all. Absolutely no smell in the house at all even with peak flowering.

Ozone in high doses can be bad for you especially asthmatics. Be careful and think through what you are doing and put safety first. Best smell control available. Doesn't cover it up, it eliminates it. Period.

Peace